The Coastal Management Program in the Office of the Great Lakes offers grant funds annually for creative projects that further the following objectives:
- Coastal water dependent uses and community development
- Managing coastal hazards
- Protecting and preserving healthy coastal habitats
- Coastal water
- Enhancing public access to the Great Lakes
Planning projects can be no less than $10,000 and no greater than $100,000. Site-specific, low-cost construction projects can be no less than $10,000 and no greater than $200,000 – and require a 1:1 match. Local match can be in the form of cash, in-kind services, and other grant funds from non-federal sources. Approx. $700K is available for the program.
Who is eligible to apply?
• Coastal government including cities, counties, villages and townships
• Area-wide agencies including conservation districts, county and regional planning agencies
• Universities and school districts
• Tribal governments
• Nonprofit organizations (non-construction projects only)